Friday 5 April 2013

Kraft 3 Layer Chocolate Pie

Surprisingly, this pie is really not that sweet- it's quite light. My family doesn't have that much of a sweet tooth, but I have a huge one- so when I made this they were a little disappointed, thinking they wouldn't like it. Turns out they did!


  • 2 packages of jell-o chocolate instant pudding
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 oreo pie crust- I don't know where this recipe is from, but I couldn't find a pre-made crust, so I bought the Oreo crumbs, and just made the recommended amount, put it in a 10 inch pie dish, worked out fine! (the recommended size was for a 9 inch pie dish)
  • 1 tub ( 8 oz) of cool whip- I didn't know how much my cool whip tub was, but I bought one of the normal sized ones- like 300 ml or something- and used that as instructed.
  1. Make the crust- or use a store bought one- whatever you fancy.
  2. Mix the 2 pudding packs with 2 cups of milk in a blender- it will be thick.
  3. Spread 1 and 1/2 cups of the pudding onto the crust- can be tricky, the crumbs always move.
  4. Blend half of the cool whip tub with the remainder of the pudding, until evenly mixed. Spread that on top of the pudding layer.
  5. Take the remaining cool whip and spread on top. Refrigerate for 3 or more hours, just until firm. If you only have an hour to refrigerate it,that's fine too, but try for 3 or more.
  6. Cut it- eat it with a big glass of milk- ENJOY THE CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment