Friday 5 April 2013

Lemon, Smoked Mozzarella & Basil Pizza

I found this recipe online, and it sounded pretty repulsive, but I tried it one day, and it's actually amazing! This makes one pizza:

  • 6 thin lemon slices
  • 3 ounces of smoked fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly (now I think the person who created this recipe meant mozzarella balls, but I don't know, so I bought some smoked mozzarella that is for sandwiches, but only had a bit, so I used some grated mozzarella as well. The second time I made this pizza, I just used a lot of smoked mozzarella, approximately ten slices, and it was amazing.)
  • 5 large basil leaves- the first time i made this, I did as instructed, and I found certain areas to be really basil-y, so i suggest chopping up the basil.
  • Extra Virgin olive oil- i used a spray pump and misted my pizza with olive oil.
  • pizza dough (obviously)
  1. Heat oven to 500 degrees.
  2. Place lemon slices into water for 15 minutes, then pat dry. (The first time I made this, I forgot to soak them and just put them on plan, and it was good but tasted very lemon-y)
  3. Spread the cheese, lemon and basil around the pizza. Spray or drizzle pizza with olive oil (this makes it crispy like a restaurant pizza).
  4. Bake for about 6 minutes, then put on broil for 30-60 seconds.
The original recipe says that you need to preheat the pizza stone for an hour, but my pizza stone was not big enough, so I used a pizza pan, and did not preheat it, so my pizza took longer to bake than this ^


No comments:

Post a Comment